Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chicago Trip! :D



AH! So Thursday my mom and I took a trip to Chicago to see the school I could potentially go to. SAIC (School of the Art Institute of Chicago). OH MY GOODNESS. This school was incredible. I've never been so excited about something school related like I am about this!! My mom and I took a tour of the main building(there are 7 buildings total) because that is where most of the fine arts classes are. GAH!! I fell madly in love with this place the second I walked in the door. And it just felt...right. Like I was supposed to be there. I didn't think I would ever find a place that I would absolutely LOVE but I did. The ONLY thing stopping me from going would be money. I just pray that it will all work out!! That's all I can do. But seriously this school is just awesome. It's right in the center of down town Chicago. I would have sooooo many opportunities through the school, like going to other countries..getting internships and other such things. I would always be inspired and would always have someone to talk to about my art! Ugh I looooved it. The dorm rooms were INSANELY cool as well, they had a kitchen(minus oven for safety reasons) with full sized fridge and everything. A full bathroom. Two big closets (one for each person living in the room. duh) and a loft area where you could put a bed or whatever you want. Plus they have a giant studio in the building so I can work there too! Needless to say...it was awesome.
I just felt right at home, and I love the fact that it's not tooooo far from Ft. Wayne..so I could come home whenever I wanted/needed :) It was such a fun trip to go on. I'm so lucky that I have my mom, we bonded and had a blast. Getting lost trying to find the train station, exploring down town Chicago, taking pictures, people watching, eating great food, then running to catch the train back, listening to drunk people on the train, eating at the applebees and finally making it home. ALL IN ONE DAY. So much fun! :D I love my mom.

No comments: